Our dental hygienists are committed to providing the highest level of individual care each time you come in. They will work with you to establish a routine that will keep your smile healthy. The health of your teeth and gums are directly related to your whole health. We strive to stay current on the newest developments and advances in order to give you the best care and information.
- The current condition of your teeth and gums
- Your oral habits
- Possible medical conditions
Your hygienist will set up a plan that works for your individual needs.
Why Three Month Cleanings?
- 90 days is the rate at which bacterial matures. When you have a cleaning we are removing harmful bacteria from your teeth especially in the space between your tooth and gum where your tooth brush can not reach. Removing the bacteria every 90 days is the best way to protect you from the harmful damage that it can cause such as decay (cavities) and bone loss.
- This bacteria can also affect your whole health and it is carried through the blood stream.
What is Active Therapy?
Active Therapy is recommended when there is infection present in the gums. It consists of a series of cleanings over a short period of time, (usually bi weekly) where your hygienist will help you rehabilitate your gum tissue and bring you back to optimum health. At these visits, your gums are irrigated thoroughly with water, or Herbal Tonic to help keep the bacteria levels low so the tissue can have a chance to heal. Once the tissues have healed, we maintain at that level of health from then on.
Ever wonder why some people get cavities, while others do not? Many factors determine weather you will get cavities these including:
- Personal oral hygiene habits
- If you have existing/old fillings
- Medication you may be taking
- Health Issues you may have
We will help you assess these factors and address the underlining cause making recommendations when possible.
How do you tell if a cavity is starting?
- We use a variety of diagnostic tools to assess your teeth when you are in for your check up, including x-rays.