- Composite or “white” fillings are used to correct gaps or cracks in your tooth after decay is removed.
- Bonding can be done as a quick easy way to enhance your smile.
- Composite is used in most cases to replace amalgam or “silver” fillings.
Why Replace Old Amalgam Fillings?
- Tooth coloured composite fillings are safer, stronger and more natural looking. Many old sliver fillings have a gap between the natural tooth and the filling which allows bacteria to get in causing a new cavity to form under the filling.
- If left untreated this decay can easily spread deeper into the tooth towards the nerve causing pain and infection, resulting in the need for a root canal.
Please feel free to contact Dr. Ian Gray Dental Group in Newmarket about this latex free procedure. We would be happy to help! 289-212-1118